Gold of the Desert Kings addresses the issue of effort versus productivity. Participants are placed in circumstances with limited time and resources and must rely on their team to achieve their goals. The pressures and anxiety experienced in Gold of the Desert Kings are similar to those experienced daily in a hectic work schedule. Participants contend with deadlines, a perceived lack of resources, others’ point of view and the pressure to just do something while trying to accomplish team objectives.
Teams rush to compete against each other in this challenging race across the desert. Their goal? Battle the elements to get to the mountains to mine for as much gold as possible and return home alive. Teams are forced to be as productive as possible with limited time and resources. Participants will experience the benefits of teamwork, planning, setting goals and taking necessary risks.
THE PRACTICAL DETAILS:
• Teams of 2-5 participants
• 3 1/2 - 4 hours per session
• Suitable for cross-functional and intact teams at all levels
• Ideal for use in both conference and training settings
KEY LEARNING POINTS
• Discover how productivity-driven behavior begins with the end in mind
• Learn the value of obtaining, evaluating and applying information
• Determine the power of effective planning and generate the conviction to do it
• Understand how to work smarter, not harder
• Realize the impact of asking,“What’s Possible?”
• Control the effect of environmental pressures
• Distinguish between results and activity